Mia Dyson is an award-winning guitarist and singer/songwriter who has toured with the likes of Eric Clapton, Bonnie Raitt and many more. A multiple ARIA & APRA award-winning artist, Dyson was recently named one of Australia’s top 25 guitarists of all time.
Her albums have been widely praised. “The Moment” received ★★★★ (4 stars) in Rolling Stone Australia while “Idyllwild” was hailed as "Brilliant" by Daytrotter debuted in the CMJ top 100 in the US, and scored a win as Double J Radio's “Artist of the Year” in Australia.
In January of 2017, Mia headed to legendary music mecca Muscle Shoals, AL to record a new album with Ben Tanner (Alabama Shakes, St Paul & The Broken Bones) behind the controls. Joined in the studio by longtime drummer Erin "Syd" Sidney, original 'Swamper,' David Hood, on bass and John Paul White (The Civil Wars) on background vocals, the album will be released in the fourth quarter of 2017.
Mia currently resides in Los Angeles.
Preview the New Album
MIA DYSON SINGS LEONARD COHEN
Dyson closed out 2016 with re-imagined versions of Lenoard Cohen's classics.
In her own words:
"Leonard Cohen has profoundly inspired me as a song writer. His passing marks the loss of one of the most empathic and uncompromising artists we have ever been blessed with.
Earlier this year, I had more fun than I could imagine interpreting his music.
Re-imagining these songs was a way to explore the range and depth of this master songwriter and cultural treasure.
Now they serve as my tribute to a Great One."
RIGHT THERE (2016)
The Moment (2012)
for more past work visit miadyson.com
+612 9550 5760
REK Room Media
YouTube: 10MM+ // Facebook: 9.4K+
- 4 x ARIA nominated (Best Female Artist, Best Blues & Roots album)
- 1 x ARIA win – Best Blues and Roots album – Parking Lots
- 2014 Double J Radio "Artist of the Year"
- 2012 Best Blues & Roots album ARIA nomination for The Moment
- The Moment Nominated for 2013 AIR Carlton Dry Independent Music Awards
- Idyllwild Nominated for 2014 AIR Carlton Dry Independent Music Awards
- “When The Moment Comes” nominated for APRA Song of the Year
Selected Festival/Venue Appearances
- Montreux Jazz Fest (Switzerland)
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival (Scotland)
- Winnipeg Folk festival (Canada)
- East Coast Blues and Roots Fest (Australia)
- Rocky Mountains Folk Fest (USA)
- Portland Blues Fest (USA)
- Falcon Ridge Folk Fest (USA)
- High Sierra Music Festival (USA)
- Strawberry Music Festival (USA)
- California World Festival (USA)
- Bowery Ballroom (NYC)
- Santa Barbara Bowl (CA)
- The Ark (Ann Arbor)
- Schuba’s (Chicago)
- CMJ 2013
- SXSW 2014
- CMW 2014
- Folk Alliance 2016
- Idyllwild Debuted in the CMJ Top 100
- "When The Moment Comes” 2012 iTunes Single of The Week (18K Downloads)
- The Moment debuted at:
- #1 on AIR Independent Album Charts (Australia)
- Number 18 on the Australian Album charts
- Numer 51 on the ARIA charts
Selected Film/TV Placements
- “When The Moment Comes” Premier League Football Featured Song for 2012/2013 Season (SkySports UK)
- "When The Moment Comes" Featured in People's Jewelers Canadian National Campaign
- "Passenger" (Iggy Pop cover) featured in VW Australian National Campaign
- “Cigarettes” Featured on Elementary (CBS)
- “When The Moment Comes” Featured on Hart of Dixie (CW)
- Bonnie Raitt
- Eric Clapton (National Australian Tour)
- Chris Isaak (East and West Coast USA Tour)
- Stevie Nicks
- Joe Cocker
- John Butler Trio
- The Waifs
- Tony Joe White
- Eric Bibb
- James Hunter
- Donavon Frankenreiter (US East Coast Tour)
Selected TV Appearances
- The Artie Lange Show (DirecTV US)
- AXS Live (AXS TV US)
- RockWiz (Australia)
- Spicks and Specks (Australia)
- Channel 7 Mornings (Australia)
- Channel 10 Late Night (Australia)