Mia Dyson is an award-winning guitarist and singer/songwriter who has toured with the likes of Eric Clapton, Bonnie Raitt, Chris Isaak and many more. A multiple ARIA & APRA award-winning artist, Dyson was recently named one of Australia’s top 25 guitarists of all time.
Her album “The Moment” received ★★★★ (4 stars) in Rolling Stone Australia and her most recent release, “Idyllwild”, hailed as "Brilliant" by Daytrotter debuted in the CMJ top 100 in the US, and scored a win as Double J Radio's “Artist of the Year” in Australia.
After ending 2015 with a national Australian tour with The Waifs, she'll be back on the road in early 2016 on the west coast of the US,
In 2016, as a recording artist she's exploring new formats beyond the traditional album, expanding her collaborative circle and continuing to see where the road leads.
Dyson currently resides in Los Angeles.
Upcoming New Music
MIA DYSON - RIGHT THERE EP
With her new EP Right There, out February 12, 2016, she is bringing five songs filled with tales of teenage rebellion and adult longing to the U.S. The EP is a direct jab to the gut, and the songwriting is exemplary.
The new EP was recorded in East Nashville with Joe Pisapia (kd lang, Ben Folds Five, Guster) at his Middletree Studios. This is the first time Dyson has co-written with her husband, the poet Karl Linder, and the results are some of her most impassioned songs to date.
MIA DYSON SINGS LEONARD COHEN
Dyson closed out 2015 with a re-imagined version of Lenoard Cohen's classic song "In My Secret Life".
This stripped-down recording was inspired by intimate venues like house concerts and her month-long run as a solo performer supporting The Waifs in Australia.
She plans to continue releasing these intimate takes on her favorite songs in 2016.
The Moment (2012)
for more past work visit miadyson.com
+612 9550 5760
REK Room Media
YouTube: 10MM+ // Facebook: 8.5K
- 4 x past ARIA nominations (Best Female Artist, Best Blues & Roots album)
- 2012 Best Blues & Roots album ARIA nomination for “The Moment”
- “The Moment” Nominated for 2013 AIR Carlton Dry Independent Music Awards
- “Idyllwild” Nominated for 2014 AIR Carlton Dry Independent Music Awards
- “When The Moment Comes” nominated for APRA Song of the Year
- 1 x ARIA win – Best Blues and Roots album – Parking Lots
Selected Festival/Venue Appearances
- Montreux Jazz Fest (Switzerland)
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival (Scotland)
- Winnipeg Folk festival (Canada)
- East Coast Blues and Roots Fest (Australia)
- Rocky Mountains Folk Fest (USA)
- Portland Blues Fest (USA)
- Falcon Ridge Folk Fest (USA)
- High Sierra Music Festival (USA)
- Strawberry Music Festival (USA)
- California World Festival (USA)
- Bowery Ballroom (NYC)
- Santa Barbara Bowl (CA)
- The Ark (Ann Arbor)
- Schuba’s (Chicago)
- CMJ 2013
- SXSW 2014
- CMW 2014
- Folk Alliance 2016
- “Idyllwild” Debuted in the CMJ Top 100
- “The Moment” 2012 iTunes Single of The Week (18K Downloads – Australia)
- “The Moment” debuted at:
- #1 on AIR Independent Album Charts (Australia)
- Number 18 on the Australian Album charts
- Numer 51 on the ARIA charts
Selected Film/TV Placements
- “When The Moment Comes” is Premier League Football Featured Song for 2012/2013 Season (SkySports UK)
- “Cigarettes” Featured on Elementary (CBS)
- “When The Moment Comes” Featured on Hart of Dixie (CW)
- Bonnie Raitt
- Eric Clapton (National Australian Tour)
- Chris Isaak (East and West Coast USA Tour)
- Stevie Nicks
- Joe Cocker
- John Butler Trio
- The Waifs
- Tony Joe White
- Eric Bibb
- James Hunter
- Donavon Frankenreiter (US East Coast Tour)
Selected TV Appearances
- The Artie Lange Show (DirecTV US)
- AXS Live (AXS TV US)
- RockWiz (Australia)
- Spicks and Specks (Australia)
- Channel 7 Mornings (Australia)
- Channel 10 Late Night (Australia)